Folks have been asking us for our bread recipe. We have learned that it is better not to use oil in bread, as oil is not good for your body when heated to high temperatures. You won't even notice it missing in this recipe! The bread is seriously SO fluffy. Use great ingredients for great results. Bon appetit!
FLUFFIEST (OIL-FREE) WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
7 c. Whole Wheat Flour (freshly ground white wheat is best)
2/3 c. Gluten Flour
3 Tbsp. Yeast
8 c. Steaming Tap Water
2 Tbsp. Salt
2/3 c. Honey
4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
6-8 c. Whole Wheat Flour
· Combine first 3 ingredients w/ dough hook (Or do like me & Mix in LARGE Bowl w/ Wooden Spoon). Add water. Mix 1 min.
· Place saran-wrap over bowl + let rest 20 min.
· Add salt, honey + lemon juice. Beat 1 min.
· Add remaining 6-8 cups flour, or as needed, until dough is smooth and only slightly sticky.
· Leave in bowl, cover w/ Saran Wrap & let rise 1 hour.
· Beat 10 mins until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Dough should be smooth & elastic. I like to knead on a lightly floured surface.
· Shape loaves + put into 4 greased & floured pans.
· Cover and Let rise until loaves are an inch or so above pans.
Preheat oven to 350°
F + bake 30 mins.
· Loaves are done when top sounds hollow to the pat + bottom corners are slightly firm + browned.
· Using Butter Knife, "Cut" around Loaf Pan to loosen Loaf. Dump Over & Set Loaves to Cool on Wire Racks.